Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday Wild Word of the Week: Thanks

of the week:

THANKS



My friend Emily has an awesome blog called "Life Breathing".  I love reading her insights on faith and life and the amazingness of the world around us.  She inspires me.  Check out her blog, either by clicking here or on the link on the side of the blog.  

Each week she posts a word of the week and invites people to send in photos that relate to that word.  I love the idea and thought it would be perfect for the Wild Word Project.  So I asked it if I could steal the idea and she, being the gracious lady she is, said "of course."  Check out Life Breathing's Word of the Week, which is Food.

Since one of the goals of the Wild Word Project is to watch for the ways God is at loose in the world around us, why limit it only to physical words?  God speaks to us in many ways and gives us many gifts.  And you all are invited and encouraged to share your gifts and the ways you see God working through the lens of your camera (or, as is often the case for me, the screen of your phone).

This is how it works.  Each Friday, I'll post a word.  This week, it is "THANKS."  You all send your photos to pastorkirsten(at)gmail.com and I'll post them the following Friday.  It's super simple and lots of fun!

I'm looking forward to seeing your photos and sharing them next Friday!

1 comment:

  1. In our family we have an expression for seeing God at loose in the world around us, we call it God Sightings. Ever since the kids were little we looked for God Sightings, especially if we were having a bad day. Seeing God in the person who holds the door open when your hands are full, or the family ringing for the Salvation Army at the Pig can change your outlook quickly. God Sightings is also a way to be thankful, because it makes you aware of all the little and big kindness out there in the world.

    ReplyDelete