Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas ornament stories

I picked Our First Christmas Together as my favorite ornament because it is the prelude to the story that unfolds about our family as I look at all the other ornaments on our tree. Our first home, baby’s first Christmas x 2, precious ornaments made by tiny hands, family vacations, our pets over the years and ornaments that represent our favorite things and the love and laughter that we share. Each year we add another chapter to our family story by adding a couple more ornaments. It has been 25 years since we hung Our First Christmas Together ornament on our tree. We have truly been blessed.

Karen Meier









Trying to choose just one is really hard!  I decided to share this one because there is something about its sweet simplicity that I truly love.  The box it is stored in has "To Kirsten, From Santa 1989" written on it in my childhood hand.  I have hung it on many Christmas trees since then, in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and now Ohio.  We have lots of hand made ornaments or ornaments that remind us of special occasions or vacations, but this one is a simple little reminder of what Christmas really is all about.  "O Come, let us adore him..."


Pastor Kirsten






























We'd love to see more!  If you have a photo and story to share, please e-mail me at pastorkirsten(at)gmail.com!  

No comments:

Post a Comment