Wednesday, April 25, 2012

God sightings guest blogger: Hannah T.



Hannah Terpening is a Freshmen UW-Platteville, majoring in Criminal Justice with a minor in Psychology and emphasis in Forensic Investigation.  She is a member at Peace and has worked on the summer staff, been on two mission trips, and played with the Radical Ringers.





God has been working in many different ways through me in the past few months.

Over Easter I went home to be with my family and celebrate the remembrance of our Lord Savior Jesus Christ. And as we were all together on Easter morning waiting for my Mother to finish cooking a delicious ham meal, which we are grateful that we can fill out bellies, we were watching the Master Golf Tournament.

Quick history about my family, My Grandfather, known to us as Bumpa was diagnosed with the number one killing cancer, Lung, in April of 2009. Nine short months, and a vigorous battle with this cancer, he left us on earth to join God in Heaven in July of 2010. My Bumpa was one of my best friends. He taught me how to golf, came to sporting events, and always had a smile no matter what. 

While watching the Masters it made me just think about him, and how he must have the best view on the whole entire golf course. I wish everyday that I could have spent just one more day with him, but then I think about him and passing away and he taught me a valuable lesson. 

I learned that just because you are ill, doesn’t mean that you should stop living your life. There are going to be bumps in the road, but that’s the trick of life. If you can hit a bump and get over it, you will strive at anything you put your mind to, if you hit that bump and get a flat tire it may take sometime to fill that tire up but keep on going because that tire will inflate again and you will be on your way. 

“My righteousness draws near speedily, my salvation is on the way” Isaiah 51:5.
There are a few things that I remember every night. First, my favorite quote that I recite every night. It gives me the courage I need to let me clear my head and get good nights sleep no matter how good or bad my day was. “There is a God to carry us through the bad times and encourage us through the good!” Last but certainly not the least, God may have taken my Bumpa off this planet but it is because I needed a Guardian angel. Grandfather, Guardian angel, Best friend, Father, Listener, and finally, my hero. As I continue on through college I often have times where I am very busy and forget exactly what I am supposed to be doing with my life. But at that moment when I am feeling over whelmed, I close my eyes, and remember My Bumpa and all the happy times that we have shared together. 

Going to church and praising God our Father makes me feel closer to God, which I have always prayed and hoped for. I knew that God had a plan for all of us and that I would do anything for our Lord and Savior. Even if I do something that he disproves of I know he will always love me and I will go, and do then what he asks of me. Isaiah 6:8 says that “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”” And I said, “Here I am. Send me!" Bumpa was not willing to say goodbye to his family and friends, but he knows that we all miss him, and think of him everyday. I know my Grandma, Nana, really misses him. It has hurt her the worst. Her best friend of 55 years, and husband for 52 years is gone. I know it is good for her to talk about him, and to grief but it is hard to keep it together because we all miss him so dearly. 


Bumpa, you mean the world to me and I know that you are watching my up there high in the heaven clouds. “For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment